The pioneering experts behind The Whole-Brain Child–Tina Payne Bryson and Daniel J. Siegel, the author of Brainstorm–now explore the ultimate child-raising challenge: discipline. Highlighting the fascinating link between a child's neurological development and the way a parent reacts to misbehavior, No-Drama Discipline provides an effective, compassionate road map for dealing with tantrums, tensions, and tears–without causing a scene.
Defining the true meaning of the “d” word (to instruct, not to shout or reprimand), the authors explain how to reach your child, redirect emotions, and turn a meltdown into an opportunity for growth. By doing so, the cycle of negative behavior (and punishment) is essentially brought to a halt, as problem solving becomes a win/win situation. Inside this sanity-saving guide you'll discover
* strategies that help parents identify their own discipline philosophy–and master the best methods to communicate the lessons they are trying to impart
* facts on child brain development–and what kind of discipline is most appropriate and constructive at all ages and stages
* the way to calmly and lovingly connect with a child–no matter how extreme the behavior–while still setting clear and consistent limits
* tips for navigating your children through a tantrum to achieve insight, empathy, and repair
* twenty discipline mistakes even the best parents make–and how to stay focused on the principles of whole-brain parenting and discipline techniques
Complete with candid stories and playful illustrations that bring the authors' suggestions to life, No-Drama Discipline shows you how to work with your child's developing mind, peacefully resolve conflicts, and inspire happiness and strengthen resilience in everyone in the family.
I receive a small commission made through links on this page. I'll never recommend any book or product to you that I wouldn't use myself.
How to Raise a Maverick is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.