203: Coronavirus, Pediatricians, Ear infections and Navigating the Medical System as a Parent w/ Jacqueline Jones, MD
So, I don't know if you have heard, but there is a crazy illness going around called the Coronavirus.
Ohh! What you've already heard about it!!!
You would have to live on Mars not to have heard about the latest and greatest thing that is going to kill us all!
I love a good medical thriller, but when everyone is buying up all the toilet paper and bottled water at Costco, I do start to wonder if I should begin to stalking up too? You can have the toilet paper, its just boxed mac, and cheese and wine for us thank you very much!
So, in keeping with the spirit of not getting medical advice from Facebook, we brought in the excellent Jacqueline Jones, MD, to share her wisdom about the Coronavirus and what we can do to navigate the medical system effectively with our kids and adult children.
In this episode, you'll learn:
- How to get a free 15-minute coaching session with me (Emily)
- Where to find the free DIGITAL-LOCKDOWN guide
- Meet the wonderful Jaqueline Jones, MD Author of Medical Parenting
- The facts about the Coronavirus and why you don't need to worry
- Kids are oddly not impacted by the Coronavirus
- What forms you need to have in place for your kids over the age of 18, so you can be in the hospital with them.
- How to set up your nanny or caregiver up, so they're able to care for your child.
- Please take pictures of the forms and keep them on your phone so you have them when you need them.
- The #1 things parents do that drive pediatricians crazy.
- Keep kids in a warm moist environment to keep their nose healthy and prevent ear infections.
- Order Dr. Jones Book Medical Parenting at www.Medicalparenting.com